Friday, January 9, 2009

The Newest Spectator Sport

Sometimes it's tough living in the suburbs, trying to find something to do. Everything's so homogenized and alienating and you can only wander around the shopping malls so many times, right?
When I was a kid my grandparents used to take us to the airport to do some planespotting. I shit you not. We'd sit on the road at the end of the runway and watch planes take-off, taking turns with the binoculars, while they smoked cigarettes. It was a nice way to spend time with my grandparents and the memory has obviously stayed with me - even if it's kind of a weird past-time now when I think about it.
Well, if you're in Israel you don't have to watch anything so boring as some dumb old jumbo jets taking off, flying people to Disney World in Florida. No, you can set up your lawn chair and watch the Israeli Army and Air Force slaughter unarmed Palestinian civilians. "Forget snuff films, honey. We're taking the kids to Gaza to see it live!"



Post a Comment
DreamHost Promotional Codes